If you’ve got a story you’re itching to tell, I’d love to hear from you!
If you’re a writer, a speaker, or just an everyday prodigal looking for a safe place to come and tell your story of wrestling to find grace in the midst of the mess, you’ve come to the right place.
“We begin to find and become ourselves when we notice how we are already found, already truly, entirely, wildly, messily, marvelously, who we were born to be.”
What’s your “grace is messy” story? Growing up, we called it a “testimony” but no matter what you label it, if you’ve got a story of finding faith at the intersection of real life, I’d love to share it.
I’m not looking for a sermon. I’m looking for storytellers. Leave your churchy cliches at home and submit your respectfully raw story.
As you peruse my site, you’ll see I write often about recovery from addiction and abuse, mental health, and parenting, but my readers just love a good story. So what story are you dying to tell? Draw the reader in with your best “slice of life” story and engage our senses and our soul, as we experience the story with you.
I’m not looking for controversial topics, just for the sake of controversy. I’m not looking for religious arguments or theological dissertations. I’m not looking to push anyone away, but rather, to include everyone. You can be blunt, but you must be kind. There’s room at the table for all of us!
This isn’t strictly a devotional site, so I’m not looking for stories that tell of taking a magic “Jesus pill” and suddenly the world becoming perfect and life being easy, but rather, about finding God in the midst of struggle. You don’t have to clean up before coming to hang out here!
When your post is ready, send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nitty gritty details:
- Original content only: I don’t syndicate. Send your original, unpublished material.
- Number of words: 600-900. I’m more interested in your captivating story than a number, but that’s a good suggestion.
- Editing: I believe in publishing quality posts with a consistent voice, so your post will be edited. Please don’t send something with loads of typos and grammatical errors, or it will be sent back. Send your very best and if there is something we need to change, we’ll go from there.
- Bio: Please include a one to two sentence bio, including your website, social media links, and a photo if you’d like to include one.
- Promotion: I’ll promote the post across all of my social media platforms and I’d love for you to do the same!
- Compensation: At this time, I cannot provide compensation for guest posts, but I do greatly appreciate your willingness to share your story with my Tribe! If chosen, your story will have the exposure of approximately 4000 readers per month.