I write about the messiness of grace, finding Christ in the midst of mental illness, the struggles with childhood trauma and the ordinary, powerful ways God heals us. I also complain about how it sucks to be a Christian right now, but how I’m doing it anyway.
Thanks for checking out my portfolio!
- How I Found Healing from Abuse
- Is Your Faith Water or Cement?
- What if the Prodigal Son had Xanax?
- The Holy Spirit: Comforter or Crazy Cousin?
- I am Not the Judge Nor Jury. I am Called to Love.
- The Psych Ward and the Church
- On Super Tuesday, I Didn’t Just Become a Democrat. I Became My Own Person.
- It Really Sucks to be a Christian Right Now
- I Don’t Need to be Saved
- A Manifesto for Hard Days
- “…unless you’re gay and overdrawn.”
- Why I Stopped Hating the Church
- Five Lies My Grandma Told Me
- Redefining the Small Things
- The One Group the Church Needs to Welcome
- God Helps Those Who…
- Why an Abused Addict is Now Cultivating Innocence
- 8 Ways that I Recovered After My Suicide Attempt
- The Most Powerful Thing I’ve Learned in Marriage and Parenting
- How Getting my Son a Dog Helped Heal my Shame
- No, Being Stressed Isn’t the Same as Having Anxiety
- 3 Life Lessons I Learned on a Psych Ward
- 11 Marriage Tips from a Husband with a Mental Illness
- 5 Steps that Helped Me Recover after a Suicide Attempt
(via Morgan Guyton’s Mercy Not Sacrifice blog)
- If the Prodigal Son had Xanax…
- 11 Things to do Once You Decide to Stay Married to Someone with a Mental Illness
- My Story Isn’t Over
- Waiting for Deliverance
- Is the Timer Done Yet?
- Disconnect in the Age of Connection
- What was the Last Mistake You Made?
- When We Wander Away from His Flock
Sweatpants and Coffee
- Three Ways to Start Over
- 5 Awkward Types of Jesus in Christian Music
- Make Me a Best Seller
- To Those Who Feel Separated from God
- Fireflies Forever
- Jesus Plus Nothing Equals Everything
- Grace for the Horn-Honkers
- On Failed Suicide and Radical Grace
People of the Second Chance